A boy from Maharashtra, in his four-page letter, said the online game PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds promotes violence and cyberbullying and it should be banned.
January 31, 2019, (Source: India Today) —
An 11-year-old kid wrote to the government asking for shooter game PUBG to be banned.
Ahad, in his four-page letter sent last week to the government, said it is an appeal to ban the online game PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds or famously known as PUBG as it promotes violence and cyberbullying.
In the letter, he said that this is an “appeal to forthwith ban online game PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds [PUBG] as it promotes immoral conduct such as violence, murder, aggression, looting, gaming addiction and cyberbullying”.
Ahad further wrote in the letter, “I will be compelled to seek appropriate legal [civil and criminal] proceeding as per law; naturally at your cost and consequences” if the game is not banned.
Ahad’s letter was marked to seven people including Ravi Shankar Prasad (Ministry of Electronics and IT), Vinod Tawde (Maharashtra education minister) and Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis among others.
However, Ahad did not get any reply and has thus decided to file a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) in the Bombay High Court.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is developed by PUBG Corporation, Bluehole. The company is a subsidiary of South Korean video game company Bluehole. It is hosted by platforms like Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, Android, and PlayStation 4. In India, the game has been available since 2007.PUBG Mobile is an online battle game similar to its Xbox One and PC versions with some limitations.