Nagrota Encounter: Four ‘unidentified’ militants killed in Jammu’s Nagrota

As per initial reports, the militants are believed to foreign (Pakistani) belonging to Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) militant outfit.


Four unidentified militants were killed and two SoG men were injured in an early morning gunfight which broke out between government forces and militants, who were travelling in a vehicle near Ban Toll Plaza of Nagrota area in Jammu district.

As per the official statement of Central Reserve Police Force, inputs about the movement of militants from the Samba sector towards Nagrota Toll Plaza were received by CRPF and J&K Police. “They were trapped and eliminated. Total 11 AK-47 rifles have been recovered,” the statement added.

Gunfight: Four ‘unidentified’ militants killed in Jammu’s Nagrota - Digpu News

As per initial reports of the Nagrota encounter, the militants are believed to foreign (Pakistani) belonging to Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) militant outfit. Meanwhile, two policemen from the Special Operations Group (SoG) sustained splinter injuries. However, both the cops are said to be stable after being hospitalized in GMC Jammu.

The injured in the Nagrota encounter have been identified as Kuldeep Raj (32) of Akhnoor and Mohammad Ishaq Malik (40) of Neel Qasim Banihal, Ramban. Apart from CRPF and J&K Police, the Indian Army also joined the ‘operation’ to neutralize the militants.

Earlier, traffic on Jammu—Srinagar national highway was blocked after the gun battle ensued around 5 AM. The traffic is likely to be restored within some time.

Also Read: Nagrota Encounter: IGP Jammu says heavy ammunition recovered and big plans foiled

Addressing a press conference, IGP Jammu Mukesh Singh said that ever since the announcement for the District Development Council (DDC), police had been receiving inputs about a possible infiltration bid in Jammu.

“We had kept our all teams deployed at Naka points. There were intelligence inputs that militants may sneak in along with large quantities of arms and ammunition,” the IGP Jammu said.

He said at around 5 AM, a truck was stopped and when it was searched, the driver stepped out and fled. “During the search of the vehicle, the hiding militants opened a heavy volume of fire that was retaliated. The encounter lasted for three hours. Two policemen sustained injuries and both are stable,” he said.

This is part of an exclusive series and is not for reproduction.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button