World Photography Day 2021: The plight of civilians in the overcrowded Kabul international airport to the protests across the globe to proud Talibani soldiers, the picture tells us the grim situation in Afghanistan after Taliban takeover
Kolkata: Taliban took the capital city Kabul in just a few weeks and entered the presidential palace to declare their win over Afghan forces. Within few hours of the announcement, the airport flooded with people waiting for their evacuation.
From Taliban soldiers celebrating their win to young women and boys fearing for their future, the camera has got it all. The photos also captured the common sentiment ‘Save Afghanistan’ across the world.
- Taliban On their way to capture Kabul: The photo shows smoke rising after Taliban and Afghan forces clashed in Kandhar, south-west of Kabul.
2. Young Soldiers Take Guns: A photo of a young Talibani soldier went viral who barely seems 25-year-old. He was happy to have gain control of the country. It pains me to think that these young boys had to pick guns.
3. Young Taliban Soldiers in Kandhar: The fall of Kandhar kind of sealed the fate of the Afghani government. The terror group roams around in the city in jeeps flashing their guns and ammunition.
4. Taliban take over Presidential Palace: As Afghanistan president flees the country leaving presidential palace open for capture, Taliban leaders enters the palace declaring their triumph on Afghanistan
5. The Airport is flooded: Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul is filled with civilians rushing to leave the country. To control the crowd, American soldiers had to open fire in the airport.
6. Women Wait At Tarmac: As people are climbing to anything available to them for reaching the plane doors, here few women wait for their turn sitting at the tarmac
7. Women Seek Help: An Afghan woman breaks down while seeking help from the international community after reaching New Delhi, India.
8. World Community Protests: People from all walks of life protest the Talibani invasion of Afghanistan across the globe. Delhi to Brussels, Germany to the UK, Afghan citizens along with natives staged protests in front of their iconic locations
9. Afghani in the USA: The USA has claimed that they have defeated the Taliban around 20 years back. But the invasion has proved otherwise. Demonstrators shout slogans and hold placards in front of the White House.
10. World Community is worried about Women: From USAID workers to middle-class housewives, everybody is worried about their lives and freedom in Afghanistan. So is the world!