Tabish Khan sees everything through the prism of art, from an eggshell to broken material to fallen chinar leaves.
While in COVID-19 lockdown which was put in place early this year helped her to use the time in drawing the art. She has made 150 paintings in lockdown. Tabish Khan has plans to open her own gallery of paintings where she wants to pass this passion on to the newer generation.”
In future, while working as a doctor, I won’t get much time to draw the paintings but I trust I will keep this art alive,” Khan said.
Here are glimpses of her fascinating artwork.
1.The artist uses the stones to put her artistic imagination on it.
2. Tabish uses the symbolic Chinar leaf to turn it into an art.
3. A broken mug turned into an art of Islamic Holy Kaaba.
4. Ice-cream sticks used to make a beautiful Arabic calligraphy
5. A frame of wool and Kashmiri handicraft piece
6. An eggshell turned into beautiful art.
7. Artist’s imagination about the environment and our responsibility towards it.
8. Some calligraphic work from Tabish Khan’s gallery.
9. The art of anxiety in display.
10. A look at Tabish Aijaz Khan’s mesmerizing gallery.
Dil-Paziir (Urdu; meaning ‘heart-pleasing’) is a special edition positive news series brought to you by Digpu, sourced from conflict areas, starting from Kashmir. Our local journalists have successfully shared many inspirational stories from the valley – from the invention of E-Charkha, automatic ventilator in Kashmir, stories of brotherhood through to the first-ever cricket tourney for Blind sportsmen, all the stories make us awe-struck. These are NOT FOR REPRODUCTION.